- This event has passed.
April 2, 2016 - April 15, 2016
Photo Contest Rules
Switzerland County Public Library
- The subject for the contest is: “My Library”
- All photographs must be taken on the Switzerland County Public Library property (inside or outside).
- All contestants must be residents of Switzerland County and must have a valid Evergreen Indiana library card.
- Two age groups:
- Youth – 17 and younger
- Adult – 18 and older
- One entry per person.
- Photo must be taken by submitter.
- If under 18, you must obtain permission to enter the contest.
- All photos must be in JPG format, although photographs may have been shot on film, slide, or with a digital camera.
- Photos can be black and white or color.
- Special effects are NOT allowed.
- Photos must also include a title of 5 words or less.
- Hard copy photos will not be accepted.
- Photos will be printed off in 4 x 6 and will be displayed for judges and voting using a black matte background.
- Entries must be submitted by emailing: email@example.com
- Entries must be submitted on or before April 15, 2016.
- The Switzerland County Public Library reserves the non-exclusive right to use the photographs at their discretion.
- The photographer is responsible for obtaining any necessary permissions if his/her photograph includes an identifiable individual.
- There is no entry fee.
- Entries will not be returned.
- There will be 3 judges and a “people’s choice” vote. One entrant from each age group who receives the most points from the judges (75%) and the “people’s choice” vote (25%) will win the photo contest.
- “People’s choice” vote will take place April 19th – April 30th.
- One vote per person.
- Judging criteria:
- Use of Lighting
- Use of Color or Contrast
- Subject matter pertains to topic
- All decisions of our judges and the “people’s choice” vote are final.
- Winners will be notified via e-mail around May 3rd.
- Winning photographs will be printed as an 8 x 10 and matted, framed, and displayed in the library with the photographers name, year of contest, and title of photograph.